|Custom CNC Machining Small Steel Worm Gear
|Color and size
|Place of Origin
HangZhou Dakunlun Hardware & Plastic Products Co.,Ltd. is a company engaged in Custom Products covering Custom CNC,Plastic Injection,Powder Metallurgy Parts ect. Hot Selling products include Gears,CNC Milling Parts Model Train Wheelsets Shaft,Bushing,Spacer and Brass Turning Parts ect.
Dakunlun was established in May 2006, cooperated with many enterprises at home and abroad (such as Fenda ,LG, Philips Dji and Nissan) to establish a long term friendly business relationship.Our inception is to absorb a variety of talents, improve product quality and staff quality Strict quality guarantee system and perfect management system, high-quality products after-
sales service is our foothold. Our company of “quality first, reputation first” principle, provide customers with quality and quantity of various types of products. Always uphold the “quality, integrity and pragmatic, motivated, service-oriented” business philosophy, and apply to the company’s management and operating. In face of fierce competition, our company’s system is constantly being improved, relying on science and technology, continuously improve the technology content of products sold, for society, customers and companies to create a higher market value. Dakunlun has been in good faith to create enterprises and has won a good reputation, also won the respect of our domestic counterparts.
Recent years our company has reached annual sales of as much as ¥30,000,000, Dakunlun will expand the scale of operation and steady development of corporate economic, sincerely seek partners, good faith cooperation and common developmen
Work Shop Facility
Packaging & Shipping
1. Are you trading company or manufacturer?
We are a factory has 20 years.
2. How can i get a quotation?
Please send us information for quote: drawing,material,quantity or other requirement.We can accpet PDF,DWG,STEP file formate.If you don’t have the drawing,please send the sample to us,we can quote base on your sample too.
3. What’s your MOQ?
Depends on your specific items.
4. Do you provide samples?Is it free or extra.
Yes,but it’s not free.
5. What about the lead time for mass production?
Honestly,it depends on the order quantity.Normally,15 days to 20 days after your deposit if no tooling needed.
6. What if the part is not good?
We can guarantee good quantity.But if happened,please contact us immediately,take some pictures,we will check on the problem,and solve it asap.
7. How to deliver the good?
We deliver the products by courier company.
8. Can we get some samples before mass production?
9. Will my drawings be safe after sending them to you?
Yes,we will keep them well and won’t release them to the third party without your permission.
|Motor, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Are worm gears suitable for high-torque applications?
Worm gears are indeed well-suited for high-torque applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of why worm gears are suitable for high-torque applications:
Worm gears are known for their ability to provide significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. They consist of a threaded cylindrical gear, called the worm, and a toothed wheel, called the worm wheel or worm gear. The interaction between the worm and the worm wheel enables the transmission of motion and torque.
Here are the reasons why worm gears are suitable for high-torque applications:
- High gear reduction ratio: Worm gears offer high gear reduction ratios, typically ranging from 20:1 to 300:1 or even higher. The large reduction ratio allows for a significant decrease in rotational speed while multiplying the torque output. This makes worm gears effective in applications that require high levels of torque.
- Self-locking capability: Worm gears possess a unique self-locking property, which means they can hold position and prevent backdriving without the need for additional braking mechanisms. The angle of the worm thread creates a mechanical advantage that resists reverse rotation of the worm wheel, providing excellent self-locking characteristics. This self-locking capability makes worm gears ideal for applications where holding the load in place is crucial, such as in lifting and hoisting equipment.
- Sturdy and robust design: Worm gears are typically constructed with durable materials, such as steel or bronze, which offer high strength and resistance to wear. This robust design enables them to handle heavy loads and transmit substantial torque without compromising their performance or longevity.
- High shock-load resistance: Worm gears exhibit good resistance to shock loads, which are sudden or intermittent loads that exceed the normal operating conditions. The sliding contact between the worm and the worm wheel teeth allows for some degree of shock absorption, making worm gears suitable for applications that involve frequent or unexpected high-torque impacts.
- Compact and space-efficient: Worm gears have a compact design, making them space-efficient and suitable for applications where size is a constraint. The compactness of worm gears allows for easy integration into machinery and equipment, even when there are spatial limitations.
It’s important to consider that while worm gears excel in high-torque applications, they may not be suitable for high-speed applications. The sliding contact between the worm and the worm wheel generates friction, which can lead to heat generation and reduced efficiency at high speeds. Therefore, worm gears are typically preferred in low to moderate speed applications where high torque output is required.
When selecting a worm gear for a high-torque application, it’s important to consider the specific torque requirements, operating conditions, and any additional factors such as speed, efficiency, and positional stability. Proper sizing, lubrication, and maintenance are also crucial to ensure optimal performance and longevity in high-torque applications.
How do you retrofit an existing mechanical system with a worm gear?
When retrofitting an existing mechanical system with a worm gear, several considerations need to be taken into account. Here’s a detailed explanation of the retrofitting process:
- Evaluate the existing system: Before proceeding with the retrofit, thoroughly assess the existing mechanical system. Understand its design, function, and limitations. Identify the specific reasons for considering a worm gear retrofit, such as the need for increased torque, improved efficiency, or enhanced precision.
- Analyze compatibility: Evaluate the compatibility of a worm gear with the existing system. Consider factors such as available space, structural integrity, alignment requirements, and the load-bearing capacity of the system. Ensure that the addition of a worm gear will not compromise the overall performance or safety of the system.
- Select the appropriate worm gear: Based on the requirements and constraints of the retrofit, choose a suitable worm gear. Consider factors such as gear ratio, torque capacity, efficiency, backlash, and mounting options. Select a worm gear that matches the specific needs of the retrofit and is compatible with the existing system.
- Modify or adapt the system: Depending on the compatibility analysis, it may be necessary to modify or adapt certain components of the existing system to accommodate the worm gear. This can involve making adjustments to shafts, bearings, housings, or other mechanical elements. Ensure that any modifications or adaptations are carried out with precision and adhere to industry standards.
- Install the worm gear: Install the selected worm gear into the modified or adapted system. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines for proper installation. Pay attention to torque specifications, lubrication requirements, and any specific assembly procedures. Ensure that the worm gear is securely mounted and aligned to minimize misalignment and maximize performance.
- Test and optimize: After the installation, thoroughly test the retrofitted system to ensure its functionality and performance. Conduct tests to verify torque transmission, efficiency, backlash, noise levels, and any other relevant parameters. Monitor the system during operation and make any necessary adjustments or optimizations to fine-tune its performance.
- Document and maintain: Document the retrofitting process, including any modifications, adjustments, or optimizations made to the existing system. Keep records of installation procedures, test results, and maintenance activities. Regularly inspect and maintain the retrofitted system to ensure its continued performance and reliability.
It’s important to note that retrofitting an existing mechanical system with a worm gear requires expertise in mechanical engineering and an understanding of the specific system requirements. If you lack the necessary knowledge or experience, it is advisable to consult with professionals or engineers specializing in power transmission systems to ensure a successful retrofit.
Can you explain the concept of worm and worm wheel in a worm gear?
In a worm gear system, the worm and worm wheel are the two primary components that work together to transmit motion and power. Here’s an explanation of the concept:
The worm is a cylindrical shaft with a helical thread wrapped around it. It resembles a screw with a spiral groove. The helical thread is called the worm’s thread or worm thread. The worm is the driving component in the worm gear system.
When the worm rotates, the helical thread engages with the teeth of the worm wheel, causing the worm wheel to rotate. The angle of the helical thread creates a wedging action against the teeth of the worm wheel, resulting in a high gear reduction ratio.
One important characteristic of the worm is its self-locking nature. Due to the angle of the helical thread, the worm can drive the worm wheel, but the reverse is not true. The self-locking feature prevents the worm wheel from backdriving the worm, providing a mechanical brake or holding position in the system.
The worm can be made from various materials such as steel, bronze, or even plastics, depending on the application requirements. It is often mounted on a shaft and supported by bearings for smooth rotation.
The worm wheel, also known as the worm gear, is the driven component in the worm gear system. It is a gear with teeth that mesh with the helical thread of the worm. The teeth on the worm wheel are typically helical and cut to match the angle and pitch of the worm’s thread.
As the worm rotates, its helical thread engages with the teeth of the worm wheel, causing the worm wheel to rotate. The rotation of the worm wheel is in the same direction as the worm’s rotation, but the speed is significantly reduced due to the high gear reduction ratio of the worm gear system.
The worm wheel is usually larger in diameter compared to the worm, allowing for a higher gear reduction ratio. It can be made from materials such as steel, bronze, or cast iron, depending on the application’s torque and durability requirements.
Together, the worm and worm wheel form a compact and efficient gear system that provides high gear reduction and self-locking capabilities. They are commonly used in various applications where precise motion control, high torque, and compactness are required, such as elevators, steering systems, and machine tools.
editor by CX 2023-11-17