Customized Brass Spur Gear with Precision Machining
Our advantange, Low MOQ as less as 1 piece, 100% inspection, Short Lead time.
We manufacture various gears made according to drawing.
|Customized machined machining gears
|steel, stainless steel, carbon steel,brass,C360 brass copper, aluminum 7075,7068
|ISO9001 and ISO14001
|Dimension bore tolerances
|AGMA, JIS, DIN
|Blackening, plated, anodizing, hard anodizing etc
|steel, stainless steel, carbon steel,brass,C360 brass copper, aluminum Nylon, PA66, NYLON , ABS, PP,PC,PE,POM,PVC,PU,TPR,TPE,TPU,PA,PET,HDPE,PMMA etc.
|30 to 90 H.R.C
|Gears and parts dimensions are according to drawings from customer, and colors are customized
|Polished or matte surface, painting, texture, vacuum aluminizing and can be stamped with logo etc.
|±0.01mm or more precise
|Samples confirmation and approval
|samples shipped for confirmation and shipping cost paid by customers
|Inner clear plastic bag/outside carton/wooden pallets/ or any other special package as per customer’s requirements.
|Total takes 2~~4weeks usual
|PAYPAL, T/T, Western Union
|Usual FEDEX, UPS, DHL, TNT, EMS or base on customer’s requirement.
During the pass 10 years, we have supplied hundreds of customers with perfect precision machining jobs:
Workshop & machining process
Production process: Molding Cutting, Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching,Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping.
Q: Are you treading company or manufacturer?
A: We are manufacturer.
Q: How about your MOQ?
A: We provide both prototype and mass production, Our MOQ is 1 piece.
Q:How long can I get a quote after RFQ?
A:we generally quote you within 24 hours. More detail information provided will be helpful to save your time.
1) detailed engineering drawing with tolerance and other requirement.
2) the quantity you demand.
Q:How is your quality guarantee?
A:we do 100% inspection before delivery, we are looking for long term business relationship.
Q:Can I CHINAMFG NDA with you?
A:Sure, we will keep your drawing and information confidential.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Soft Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Can you provide examples of machinery that use worm gears?
Worm gears are utilized in various machinery and mechanical systems where precise motion control, high gear reduction ratios, and self-locking capabilities are required. Here are some examples of machinery that commonly use worm gears:
- Elevators: Worm gears are commonly employed in elevator systems to control the vertical movement of the elevator car. The high gear reduction ratio provided by worm gears allows for smooth and controlled lifting and lowering of heavy loads.
- Conveyor systems: Worm gears are used in conveyor systems to drive the movement of belts or chains. The self-locking nature of worm gears helps prevent the conveyor from back-driving when the power is turned off, ensuring that the materials or products being transported stay in place.
- Automotive applications: Worm gears can be found in automotive steering systems. They are often used in the steering gearboxes to convert the rotational motion of the steering wheel into lateral movement of the vehicle’s wheels. Worm gears provide mechanical advantage and precise control for steering operations.
- Milling machines: Worm gears are utilized in milling machines to control the movement of the worktable or the spindle. They offer high torque transmission and accurate positioning, facilitating precise cutting and shaping of materials during milling operations.
- Lifts and hoists: Worm gears are commonly employed in lifting and hoisting equipment, such as cranes and winches. Their high gear reduction ratio allows for the lifting of heavy loads with minimal effort, while the self-locking property prevents the load from descending unintentionally.
- Rotary actuators: Worm gears are used in rotary actuators to convert linear motion into rotary motion. They are employed in various applications, including valve actuators, robotic arms, and indexing mechanisms, where controlled and precise rotational movement is required.
- Packaging machinery: Worm gears find application in packaging machinery, such as filling machines and capping machines. They assist in controlling the movement of conveyor belts, rotating discs, or cam mechanisms, enabling accurate and synchronized packaging operations.
- Printing presses: Worm gears are utilized in printing presses to control the paper feed and the movement of the printing plates. They provide precise and consistent motion, ensuring accurate registration and alignment of the printed images.
These are just a few examples, and worm gears can be found in many other applications, including machine tools, textile machinery, food processing equipment, and more. The unique characteristics of worm gears make them suitable for various industries where motion control, high torque transmission, and self-locking capabilities are essential.
How do you ensure proper alignment when connecting a worm gear?
Ensuring proper alignment when connecting a worm gear is crucial for the smooth and efficient operation of the gear system. Here’s a detailed explanation of the steps involved in achieving proper alignment:
- Pre-alignment preparation: Before connecting the worm gear, it is essential to prepare the components for alignment. This includes cleaning the mating surfaces of the gear and shaft, removing any debris or contaminants, and inspecting for any signs of damage or wear that could affect the alignment process.
- Measurement and analysis: Accurate measurement and analysis of the gear and shaft alignment are essential for achieving proper alignment. This typically involves using precision alignment tools such as dial indicators, laser alignment systems, or optical alignment instruments. These tools help measure the relative positions and angles of the gear and shaft and identify any misalignment.
- Adjustment of mounting surfaces: Based on the measurement results, adjustments may be required to align the mounting surfaces of the gear and shaft. This can involve shimming or machining the mounting surfaces to achieve the desired alignment. Care should be taken to ensure that the adjustments are made evenly and symmetrically to maintain the integrity of the gear system.
- Alignment correction: Once the mounting surfaces are prepared, the gear and shaft can be connected. During this process, it is important to carefully align the gear and shaft to minimize misalignment. This can be done by observing the alignment readings and making incremental adjustments as necessary. The specific adjustment method may vary depending on the type of coupling used to connect the gear and shaft (e.g., keyway, spline, or flange coupling).
- Verification and final adjustment: After connecting the gear and shaft, it is crucial to verify the alignment once again. This involves re-measuring the alignment using the alignment tools to ensure that the desired alignment specifications have been achieved. If any deviations are detected, final adjustments can be made to fine-tune the alignment until the desired readings are obtained.
- Secure fastening: Once the proper alignment is achieved, the gear and shaft should be securely fastened using appropriate fasteners and tightening procedures. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for torque values and tightening sequences to ensure proper clamping force and prevent any loosening or slippage.
It is worth noting that the alignment process may vary depending on the specific gear system, coupling type, and alignment tools available. Additionally, it is important to refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines and specifications for the particular gear and coupling being used, as they may provide specific instructions or requirements for alignment.
Proper alignment should not be considered a one-time task but an ongoing maintenance practice. Regular inspections and realignment checks should be performed periodically or whenever there are indications of misalignment, such as abnormal noise, vibration, or accelerated wear. By ensuring proper alignment during the initial connection and maintaining it throughout the gear’s operational life, the gear system can operate optimally, minimize wear, and extend its service life.
What are the benefits of using a worm gear mechanism?
Using a worm gear mechanism offers several benefits in various applications. Here are some of the advantages:
- High Gear Reduction: Worm gears provide high gear reduction ratios, allowing for significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. This makes them suitable for applications where a small input speed or high torque output is required.
- Compact Design: Worm gears have a compact design, with the worm and worm wheel positioned at right angles to each other. This makes them space-efficient and suitable for applications where size and weight limitations exist.
- Self-Locking: Worm gears exhibit a self-locking characteristic due to the angle of the worm’s helical thread. This means that the worm can drive the worm wheel, but the reverse is not true. The self-locking feature allows worm gears to hold position without additional braking mechanisms, making them suitable for applications that require mechanical holding or braking capabilities.
- Quiet Operation: Worm gear mechanisms are known for their quiet operation. The helical nature of the worm’s thread and the meshing with the worm wheel teeth help reduce noise and vibration, resulting in smoother and quieter performance.
- Shock Load Resistance: Worm gears are capable of handling moderate to high shock loads due to their inherent design. The sliding action between the worm and worm wheel allows the gear system to absorb and distribute sudden impacts and loads effectively.
- Versatile Mounting Options: Worm gears can be mounted in various orientations, including horizontal, vertical, and inclined positions, providing flexibility in design and installation.
- High Torque Transmission: The design of worm gears allows for efficient transmission of high torque. This makes them suitable for applications that require heavy-duty torque requirements, such as lifting mechanisms, conveyor systems, and machine tools.
- Simple Lubrication: Worm gears typically require lubrication to reduce friction and wear. However, compared to some other gear types, worm gears have relatively simple lubrication requirements due to the sliding action between the worm and worm wheel. Proper lubrication helps extend the lifespan of the gear system and maintain its performance.
These benefits make worm gear mechanisms well-suited for a wide range of applications, including automotive systems, industrial machinery, elevators, robotics, and more. However, it’s important to consider the specific requirements and limitations of each application to ensure the optimal use of worm gears.
editor by CX 2023-09-17