1) According to the different strength and performance, we choose the steel with strong compression;
2) Using Germany professional software and our professional engineers to design products with more reasonable size and better performance; 3) We can customize our products according to the needs of our customers,Therefore, the optimal performance of the gear can be exerted under different working conditions;
4) Quality assurance in every step to ensure product quality is controllable.
NUMBER OF TEETH
DIRECTION OF SPIRAL
ACCURACY OF SPLINE
NUMBER OF SPLINE
NUMBER OF TEETH
DIAMETER OF INNER HOLE
ACCURACY OF SCREW
CENTER DISTANCE OF SCREW HOLE
DIRECTION OF SPIRALR
Our company,HangZhou CHINAMFG Gear co.,Ltd , specialized in Hypoid and spiral bevel gear used in Automotive industry, was foundeded in 1996, with registered capital 136,8 square meter, with building area of 72,000 square meters. More than 500 employees work in our company.
We own more than 560 high-precise machining equipments, 10 Klingelnberg Oerlikon gear production lines, 36 Gleason gear production lines, 5 forging production lines 2 german Aichilin and 5 CHINAMFG CHINAMFG advanced automatic continuous heat treatment production lines. With the introducing the advanced Oerlikon C50 and P65 measuring center, we enhence our technology level and improve our product quality a lot. We offer better quality and good after-sale service with low price, which insure the good reputation. With the concept of “for the people, by technology, creativity, for the society, transfering friendship, honest”, we are trying to provice the world-top level product.
Our aim is: CHINAMFG Gear,world class, Drive the world.
According to the different strength and performance, we choose the steel with strong compression;Using Germany professional software and our professional engineers to design products with more reasonable size and better performance;We can customize our products according to the needs of our customers,Therefore, the optimal performance of the gear can be exerted under different working conditions;Quality assurance in every step to ensure product quality is controllable.
Our company had full quality management system and had been certified by ISO9001:2000, QS-9000:1998, ISO/TS16949 , which insure the entrance of international market.
Certification & honors
Packaging & Shipping
Packaging Detail:standard package(carton ,wooden pallet).
Shipping:Support Sea freight. Accept FOB,EXW,FAS,DES.
HangZhou CHINAMFG Gear Co., Ltd. adheres to the concept of “people-oriented, prosper with science and technology; create high-quality products, contribute to the society; turn friendship, and contribute sincerely”, and will strive to create world automotive axle spiral bevel gear products.
1.Do you provide samples?
Yes,we can offer free sample but not pay the cost of freight.
2.What about OEM?
Yes,we can do OEM according to your requirements.
3.How about after-sales service?
We have excellent after-sales service if you have any quanlity problem,you can contact us anytime.
4.What about package?
Stardard package or customized package as requirements.
5.How to ensure the quanlity of the products?
We can provide raw meterial report,metallographic examination and the accuracy testing etc.
6.How long is your delivery time?
Genarally it is 4-7 days.If customized it will be take 20 days according to your quantity.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Hardened Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
What lubrication is required for a worm gear?
The lubrication requirements for a worm gear system are crucial to ensure smooth operation, reduce friction, prevent wear, and extend the lifespan of the gears. The specific lubrication needed may vary depending on factors such as the application, operating conditions, gear materials, and manufacturer recommendations. Here are some key considerations regarding lubrication for a worm gear:
- Lubricant selection: Choose a lubricant specifically designed for gear applications, taking into account factors such as load, speed, temperature, and environment. Common lubricant types for worm gears include mineral oils, synthetic oils, and greases. Consult the gear manufacturer’s recommendations or industry standards to determine the appropriate lubricant type and viscosity grade.
- Viscosity: The lubricant viscosity is critical for effective lubrication. The viscosity should be selected based on the operating conditions and gear design parameters. Higher loads and slower speeds typically require higher viscosity lubricants to ensure sufficient film thickness and protection. Conversely, lower viscosity lubricants may be suitable for lighter loads and higher speeds to minimize power losses.
- Lubrication method: The lubrication method can vary depending on the gear system design. Some worm gears have oil sumps or reservoirs that allow for oil bath lubrication, where the gears are partially submerged in a lubricant pool. Other systems may require periodic oil application or greasing. Follow the gear manufacturer’s guidelines for the appropriate lubrication method, frequency, and quantity.
- Temperature considerations: Worm gear systems may encounter a wide range of temperatures during operation. Ensure that the selected lubricant can withstand the anticipated temperature extremes without significant degradation or viscosity changes. Extreme temperatures may require specialized high-temperature or low-temperature lubricants to maintain proper lubrication performance.
- Maintenance and monitoring: Regular maintenance and monitoring of the lubrication are essential for optimal gear performance. Periodically inspect the lubricant condition, including its cleanliness, viscosity, and contamination levels. Monitor operating temperatures and perform oil analysis if necessary. Replace the lubricant at recommended intervals or if signs of degradation or contamination are observed.
It’s important to note that the lubrication requirements may vary for different worm gear applications, such as automotive, industrial machinery, or marine systems. Additionally, environmental factors such as dust, moisture, or chemical exposure should be considered when selecting a lubricant and establishing a lubrication maintenance plan.
Always refer to the gear manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines for the specific lubrication requirements of your worm gear system. Adhering to proper lubrication practices helps ensure smooth and reliable operation, minimizes wear, and maximizes the gear system’s longevity.
What are the potential challenges in designing and manufacturing worm gears?
Designing and manufacturing worm gears can present several challenges due to their unique characteristics and operating conditions. Here’s a detailed explanation of the potential challenges involved:
- Complex geometry: Worm gears have complex geometry with helical threads on the worm shaft and corresponding teeth on the worm wheel. Designing the precise geometry of the gear teeth, including the helix angle, lead angle, and tooth profile, requires careful analysis and calculation to ensure proper meshing and efficient power transmission.
- Gear materials and heat treatment: Selecting suitable materials for worm gears is critical to ensure strength, wear resistance, and durability. The materials must have good friction and wear properties, as well as the ability to withstand the sliding and rolling contact between the worm and the worm wheel. Additionally, heat treatment processes such as carburizing or induction hardening may be necessary to enhance the gear’s surface hardness and improve its load-carrying capacity.
- Lubrication and cooling: Worm gears operate under high contact pressures and sliding velocities, resulting in significant heat generation and lubrication challenges. Proper lubrication is crucial to reduce friction, wear, and heat buildup. Ensuring effective lubricant distribution to all contact surfaces, managing lubricant temperature, and providing adequate cooling mechanisms are important considerations in worm gear design and manufacturing.
- Backlash control: Controlling backlash, which is the clearance between the worm and the worm wheel, is crucial for precise motion control and positional accuracy. Designing the gear teeth and adjusting the clearances to minimize backlash while maintaining proper tooth engagement is a challenge that requires careful consideration of factors such as gear geometry, tolerances, and manufacturing processes.
- Manufacturing accuracy: Achieving the required manufacturing accuracy in worm gears can be challenging due to their complex geometry and tight tolerances. The accurate machining of gear teeth, maintaining proper tooth profiles, and achieving the desired surface finish require advanced machining techniques, specialized tools, and skilled operators.
- Noise and vibration: Worm gears can generate noise and vibration due to the sliding contact between the gear teeth. Designing the gear geometry, tooth profiles, and surface finishes to minimize noise and vibration is a challenge. Additionally, the selection of appropriate materials, lubrication methods, and gear housing design can help reduce noise and vibration levels.
- Efficiency and power loss: Worm gears inherently have lower efficiency compared to other types of gear systems due to the sliding contact and high gear ratios. Minimizing power loss and improving efficiency through optimized gear design, material selection, lubrication, and manufacturing accuracy is a challenge that requires careful balancing of various factors.
- Wear and fatigue: Worm gears are subjected to high contact stresses and cyclic loading, which can lead to wear, pitting, and fatigue failure. Designing the gear teeth for proper load distribution, selecting appropriate materials, and applying suitable surface treatments or coatings are essential to mitigate wear and fatigue issues.
- Cost considerations: Designing and manufacturing worm gears can be cost-intensive due to the complexity of the gear geometry, material requirements, and precision manufacturing processes. Balancing performance requirements with cost considerations is a challenge that requires careful evaluation of the gear’s intended application, performance expectations, and budget constraints.
Addressing these challenges requires a comprehensive understanding of gear design principles, manufacturing processes, material science, and lubrication technologies. Collaboration between design engineers, manufacturing experts, and material specialists is often necessary to overcome these challenges and ensure the successful design and production of high-quality worm gears.
What are the applications of a worm gear?
A worm gear is a type of gear mechanism that consists of a threaded worm and a mating gear, known as the worm wheel or worm gear. It is widely used in various applications where a high gear ratio and compact size are required. Here are some specific applications of worm gears:
- Elevators and Lifts: Worm gears are extensively used in elevator and lift systems. They provide the necessary gear reduction to lift heavy loads while maintaining smooth and controlled vertical movement.
- Steering Systems: Worm gears are commonly found in automotive steering systems. They convert the rotational motion of the steering wheel into the linear motion required to turn the vehicle’s wheels.
- Conveyors: Worm gears are employed in conveyor systems, particularly for applications that require moving materials at an inclined angle. They offer the necessary torque and control for efficient material handling.
- Machine Tools: Worm gears are used in machine tools such as milling machines, lathes, and grinders. They enable precise control over the machine’s speed and feed rate, resulting in accurate machining operations.
- Packaging Equipment: Worm gears are utilized in packaging machinery to drive various components such as conveyor belts, rotary tables, and filling mechanisms. They ensure synchronized and efficient packaging processes.
- Rotary Actuators: Worm gears find applications in rotary actuators, which are used in robotics, industrial automation, and valve control. They provide precise positioning and torque output for rotational movements.
- Textile Machinery: Worm gears are employed in textile machinery for applications like yarn winding, loom mechanisms, and fabric tensioning. They ensure smooth and controlled movement of threads and fabrics.
- Raising and Lowering Mechanisms: Worm gears are used in raising and lowering mechanisms, such as those found in stage platforms, scissor lifts, and adjustable workbenches. They enable controlled vertical movement with high load capacity.
These are just a few examples of the applications of worm gears. Their unique characteristics, including high gear reduction ratios, compact size, and self-locking capabilities, make them suitable for a wide range of industries and mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-09-25